Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownership on local drive

Hi,
    how can i use the GPO to change the ownership on local drive from users ID to local administrators groups rights.

please i need your help...

Re: ownership on local drive

What you are saying is you want to give to a local user of the workstation admin rights? just add the user to the Domain Admin group. if that's what you want.

Regards
    Kevin

Comment

No,
      what i want is to change the ownership of the drive C from xxxx to local administrator, when you right click the drive c then choose security then choose advance then choose owner.

i want to change the owner from any users rights to administrator rights.

Comment

I'm not aware that a GPO can do that. I've never heard of it, nor have I seen anything in any GPO that would lead me to believe that it could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by noway View Post
          No,
          what i want is to change the ownership of the drive C from xxxx to local administrator, when you right click the drive c then choose security then choose advance then choose owner.

i want to change the owner from any users rights to administrator rights.
          You could defining a File System policy via GPO if I am reading this properly:

Computer configuration - Windows Settings -Security Settings
          Right click File System and Add file
          In the new window either select Local Disc (C: ) or make new folder using the variable %SystemDrive%.
          Click OK
          On the Security window that pops up make all the changes you need inc The owner Tab on the advanced window but it has to be a domain group though as it is reading from the domain security database.
          Proceed with caution though.
          Last edited by L4ndy; 30th June 2009, 13:14.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks L4ndy. I didn't know that was possible.

Comment

Working...
            X