Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Disable Users From Installing Software using GPO AD2008

Hi All,

Firstly, Its my 1st post and i hoping to get some response on my 1st posting.

I pretty new to AD, but been doing couple of test for the past few month. So i was wondering which GPO can i use to disable users from installing software. (domain users)

Assumed, i have set all my users rights correctly. I need to know find out how/where to set or lock down users from installing stuffs.

Thanks

Re: How to Disable Users From Installing Software using GPO AD2008

Hi,

By default, Domain users are members of the Users local group which by default don't have the priviledge to install anything.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

I have/did put them under Domain Users and they are still able to install programs/softwares.

Thanks

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Hi,

By default, Domain users are members of the Users local group which by default don't have the priviledge to install anything.

Comment

It will be worth checking that the Domain Users is not part of the local administrators group on the client PCs. It may have been added to there manually or automatically via a Group Policy. If that is the case, you can use 'restricted groups' in Group Policy to reset them.

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...ed-Groups.html
        Last edited by Virtual; 26th June 2009, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
          Assumed, i have set all my users rights correctly.
          How have you exactly set that? also are there any other policies configured? Any other group membership configured?
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Reported for movement to the GPO forum

Comment

Hi,

Where/how can i find the setting from the GPO to disallow users from installing? Is there such rules on the GPO?

Thanks

Comment

Hi All,

I managed to get the policy up and running. I just have to set it on the software policy restriction.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X