Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini Group Policy Problem

Hi all,

I am new to petri. I am currently having problems pushing group policies over to client computers.

I have encountered these errors

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=c om. The file must be present at the location <\\domain\sysvol\domain\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (The system cannot find the path specified. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

I am able to access both netlogon and sysvol shares from client computers.

One thing I noticed when looking in the policies folder is that the folder {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9} keeps changing to {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}_NTFRS_45c0560b.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini Group Policy Problem

Hi,
    Are you getting any 1054 events? Any other events as well?
    Can you post a ipconfig /all of your DC and a client?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

What OS and ServicePack level is on the clients and on the servers?

Any 'File Replication service (FRS)' events shown in the eventlog on the DC?
      Can you give the IDs and SOurces of these or possibly of other error events. Also of those that are found in the eventlog on the clients.

Originally posted by vtx624 View Post
      One thing I noticed when looking in the policies folder is that the folder {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9} keeps changing to {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}_NTFRS_45c0560b.
      Have a look at this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328492

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys.

That article fixed my problem. The policies seem to be working fine now.

For reference, I was getting event 1030 and event 1058 errors. This FRS warning happened a while back in april:

File Replication Service is scanning the data in the system volume. Computer cannot become a domain controller until this process is complete. The system volume will then be shared as SYSVOL.

To check for the SYSVOL share, at the command prompt, type:
        net share

When File Replication Service completes the scanning process, the SYSVOL share will appear.

The initialization of the system volume can take some time. The time is dependent on the amount of data in the system volume.

Thanks again.
        Last edited by vtx624; 25th June 2009, 20:17.

Comment

Working...
        X