X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install printer using gpo

where:

domain server : windows 2008
    clients: windows xp sp2 with gp preferences installed.
    printers: epson lx 300 installed in client1 member of domain. samsung laser ml 1610 installed in non domain member pc.

problem is when i add printers in gpo using user preferences, only epson is installed as i loggen in the clients.

i also used vbscript but when i logged in not as an administrator, something like permission error occurs.

i tried also gpupdate/force. still no go?

any idea why this happens?

Re: unable to install printer using gpo

Hi,

Can you post the Script and also can you clarify "samsung laser ml 1610 installed in non domain member pc"

Does that mean the Printer is installed in a non-domain PC and you want to share it to all the domain clients?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Hi,

Can you post the Script and also can you clarify "samsung laser ml 1610 installed in non domain member pc"

Does that mean the Printer is installed in a non-domain PC and you want to share it to all the domain clients?

Thank you for your immediate response.

i wrote this script and put it in the login script as vbs script

Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")

PrinterPath = "\\printerpc\Samsung ML-1610 Series"
      WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection PrinterPath

printer is installed in a non-domain PC (printerpc)
      domain clients should see samsung ml-1610 in control panel\printers and faxes

Comment

The problem is probably due to the fact that the server that the Samsung printer is connected to is not a member of the domain, therefore it does not know and does not trust the users trying to connect to it to map the printer. That's why you're getting the permissions errors.

Can you joing this server to the domain?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          The problem is probably due to the fact that the server that the Samsung printer is connected to is not a member of the domain, therefore it does not know and does not trust the users trying to connect to it to map the printer. That's why you're getting the permissions errors.

Can you joing this server to the domain?

The pc is in different branch of office. so i can't do joining. only allows us to print with their printers for hard copies. they're in workgroup and not in domain.

Comment

Working...
          X