Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prompt to change pwd before expiry ?

Here's a fun one for you.

My default domain policy has the setting "Interactive Login: Prompt to change Password before expiration" set at 7 days.

I've run modelling on my boss, across a number of workstations, laptops and servers.. and it tells me this is definitely the winning GPO.

Yet.. he's been being prompted for at least the past 14 days, with the timer counting down....

Any ideas guys ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: Prompt to change pwd before expiry ?

Only him or everyone else the GPO is applying to as well?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

i haven't seen it apply to anyone else at all yet.

however, as another interseting note.. the guys who are never in the office, don't get prompted that their password is due to expire.. even if they open a vpn connectioin and lock the workstation then try and unlock it..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Strange indeed. The remote users: even though they don't get the prompt, will their passwords expire eventually? Why does it seem that these quirky problems are more likely to strike our bosses (or bosses bosses) than Joe Schmoe in the warehouse?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

yes, the remote user passwords do definitely expire, and at a time when it's usually inconvenient for them to vpn in and change them.

I might try setting up the OWA changepassword thinggy..

Comment

Working...
          X