No announcement yet.

Problems with Deny USB Storage (Was: Group Policy)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Deny USB Storage (Was: Group Policy)

I am new user with GP and am having problems getting Deny USB Storage GP to work. I have created a dozen or so GP to control how our users can access the PC and network which all work well, but I cannot seem to 'Deny USB Storage' use. I have created the GP with the adm template suggested by several writers, but it does not seem to function. If I go to the PC and do Regedit, I can shut down USB Storage, but cannot do it through GP. Don't know where to go next.

By the way, also just saying 'Hello'. I am old time Novell user and newbie to Window Server 2003 R2 (looking at 2008 Core) for about 2 years. Started using GP about 6-7 months ago and really like the possiblities, but I guess I need to go to GP University.

Jim - IT Dir. for Community Bank. [Retired from Pharmaceutical Industry in 97]

Re: Problems with Deny USB Storage (Was: Group Policy)

Title edited and moved to GPO forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Problems with Deny USB Storage (Was: Group Policy)

have you checked the article here on Petri about how to do that particular task ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point