Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deploying Service pack using Active Directory GPO to a specific user only.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying Service pack using Active Directory GPO to a specific user only.

Hi All,

I've got several question regarding deploying an update (Office 2007 SP2 and some other Visio 2007 SP2 + Project 2007 SP2) using Active Directory GPO (through gpmc.msc on my DC)

1. At the moment all of my user got Office 2007 that needs to be updated to SP2, shall I just create a GPO account and then apply it to the default Users OU ?

2. Only some of the user got Visio and Project 2007 Installed (not all of them) how can I implement this update without visiting their desk and ask them to install the update manually ?

Thanks.

Re: Deploying Service pack using Active Directory GPO to a specific user only.

Have you got a patch management system in place. If not, WSUS should do that for you (with minimal effort and maximum impact).
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Deploying Service pack using Active Directory GPO to a specific user only.

Thanks for the info guys, I try to configure SC Essential 2007 SP1 instead of WSUS and see how it goes from there, hopefully it is just a transparent change to the user while keeping the GPO option to point to the same Server of the old WSUS.

Comment

Working...
      X