Using GPO to block internet access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using GPO to block internet access

I have set up a OU called no internet and added computers to it that I don't want to have internet access.

Created a GPO inside and linked it to the OU which sets proxy settings to 0.0.0.0 and locks users from changing the settings.

I also have GP loopback processing mode enabled. It's blocking the ability to change the settings, but not sending the proxy setting through.

what am I missing...

I can give screenshots if it helps.
    Last edited by chakotay2; 5th May 2009, 07:45.

Re: Using GPO to block internet access

Not sure what I was doing wrong but I fixed it... seems to be working fine now....

Comment

And moved to GPO forum
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by chakotay2 View Post
        Not sure what I was doing wrong but I fixed it... seems to be working fine now....
        The policy perhaps just needed time to filter through. However, it should have taken effect when logging off and then back on again.

Comment

Originally posted by chakotay2 View Post
          An easy way to test your GPO is force replication on your DC's and then run
          gpupdate /force /boot.

After reboot you'll know for certain if your GPO is working as expected or not.

Comment

Working...
          X