Blocking portable apps (split thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking portable apps (split thread)

My user are usimg portable Mozilla, & they dont have admin rights but they can install portable mozilla in any location, but i want to block this so could you tell me the solution for that

Thanks
    Vaibhav

quote=Nonapeptide;157344]Good find, I didn't know about that one. One teensy caveat from the GPO's explanation:

So you'll need to block CMD and task manager too. If you can't do that for whatever reason, maybe software restriction polices would work better? I just tried to find if SRPs block software even if it's launched via CMD or task manager but came up empty.[/quote]

Re: Blocking specific software already installed

Please read the rules and dont hijack!
    I have split your question to a separate thread from http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=34768
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Blocking portable apps (split thread)

A hash rule restriction should take care of that. Here's a Microsoft KB article about software restriction policies. Plenty of other material abounds; just Google the term "software restriction policy".
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X