Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to block users to install software

Hi,

1. how do i create a policy to disallow users to install any software to a computer? e.g. chrome, opera, msnmessenger, yahoo messenger, etc...
    2. how to remove the permissions for users to move files out of the path location?

Thank you very much...
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: How to block users to...

simply make sure that all 'user' accounts are only assigned 'user' permissions on the computers.

This should prevent them installing software by default. I know this is sometihng we are testing in my environment at the moment.. I'm trying to find the minimalist permissions possible to give domain user accounts while still fully enabling them to control their laptops which they own..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: How to block users to...

Originally posted by ususim View Post
      2. how to remove the permissions for users to move files out of the path location?
      Is there a specific path that your interested in or just any path in general? Do those users also need the ability to write to documents in that path? Do they need the ability to create files in that path? Tell us a bit more about your permission needs.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X