Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict the desktop.

Hi Friends

I want to restrict the users to save the data in desktop and my documents. I don't want to use mandatory profile or folder redirection. Can we do this through any GPO or Script. If yes please tell me how can i prevent the users to save the data in the desktop. Please suggest.

Re: Restrict the desktop.

I'm pretty sure there is a gpo setting to "not save desktop changes" on exit and I've used this in some environments.

You warn users first, then when they lose their saved files, its easy, and very satisfying to say "well, I told you so"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Restrict the desktop.

There should be two options, which however I have never tested myself, so you would need to research the details:

1. You can use GPO to run scripts which limit the permission of users with regards to folders, thus also the Desktop.

2. You should be able to define a security template which restricts access to certain folders

Comment

Working...
      X