Access Denied Error when trying to install an Assigned App

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Denied Error when trying to install an Assigned App

Through my last post I was able to get a few installs to work perfectly via group policy applied directly to the computer. Now I'm having an issue where the event log on the pc I'm trying to assign the software to is showing 4 errors.

Source = Application Management
    Event ID = 101
    User = NT Authority\System
    Description = The assigment of application TESTING from policy TESTING failed. The error was Access denied

Event ID = 103
    Description = The removal of the assigment of application TESTING from policy TESTING failed. The error was The system cannot find the file specified.

Event ID = 108
    Description = Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software changes could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist. The error was Access is Denied.

Source = Userenv
    Event ID = 1085
    Description = The Group Policy client-side extension software installation failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extenstion.

I have set the GPO to install software with elevated rights...both in the computer and user sections. I'm not sure what else to check. We were not able to get this working by publishing the app through add/remove programs either. I was hoping that assigning it to specific pc's would make the install go through.
Working...
X