Copying GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying GPO

This should be another easy one for someone.

Is there a way of copying the local GPO of a non domain laptop onto my network so I can then copy it onto another non domain laptop via a script?

Or even put the files onto a USB memory stick & copy these to the second laptop?

I really donít want to have to make all the changes on x20 laptops or it would take me forever.

Re: Gopying GPO

Originally posted by Deland01 View Post
    This should be another easy one for someone.

Is there a way of copying the local GPO of a non domain laptop onto my network so I can then copy it onto another non domain laptop via a script?

Or even put the files onto a USB memory stick & copy these to the second laptop?

I really donít want to have to make all the changes on x20 laptops or it would take me forever.
    This should help.

http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog/?p=31

Comment

Re: Copying GPO

WTF!!!

Any why should this have anything to do with copying GPO??

Virtual Ė thanks for this it was exactly what I was looking for, do you have any advice on this post I made. Maybe another way of doing this?

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=34267

Comment

WTF!!!

Any why should this have anything to do with copying GPO??
        Who was this part of your post aimed at? Please be careful to be respectful on this forum, ESPECIALLY when you're new... people come here and help because they want to.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

The last notification email I received to advise me I had a new post waiting (apart from yours) was this (see below).

It Looked like someone had posted a rite load of rubbish which I guess has now been removed:

On the contrary, I’ve had more quality help on this board in the few times I’ve posted than on any other forum and I use a hell of a lot.
          Dear Deland01,
          xxxxx has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Copying GPO - in the GPO forum of Petri.co.il forums by Daniel Petri.
          This thread is located at:
          http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=34207&goto=newpost
          Here is the message that has just been posted:

SPAM REMOVED BY MOD, - Deland01 please do not republish the content of posts we already have deleted for a reason

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
          All the best,
          Petri.co.il forums by Daniel Petri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Unsubscription information:
          To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
          do=removesubscription&type=thread[/URL]
          Last edited by Rems; 18th March 2009, 16:26.

Comment

Also please feel free to delete my last post as I donít want to advertise the what ever was removed.

Comment

Ahh - a spammer

Thanks for explaining - your post looked a little odd, right after Virtual's great help!

Main thing here - spammers get "dealt with" - no need to reply to them - just completely blank them

p.s. I've requested a thread cleanup...

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Also please feel free to delete my last post as I don’t want to advertise the what ever was removed.
                No offense taken. I was confused myself. I thought I knew what the first bit meant and then thought, no can't be, was he thinking that and saying something else but not realising is thinking was being typed????

You can edit you post yourself. Go the post and click 'edit'.

Oh and by the way, thanks for the thanks. Glad to help.
                Last edited by Virtual; 18th March 2009, 23:53. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Check this post I made out, I got the GOP changes working via a script in the end. Its much easier running a .bat file than doing the manual process each time.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=34267

Comment

Working...
                  X