Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove old Proxy settings from non-applying GPO

Hello, everyone!

I had a group of users inside an OU that had a GPO applied to them without any problems.

The administration in my company decided to remove then from the Proxy filtering, so I removed the users from the group (the group had some 2 or 3 other users still inside it, so it is still useful) and asked them to log off and on again from their workstations.

Internet Explorer now allows to change the Proxy Settings (wich I had disabled in the old GPO), wich means that the GPO is not applied anymore. So far so good.

MY problem is that the Proxy settings are still there, and the users must manually correct them!!

Any way I can avoid this? Something like "when not applying a policy, clear all the values from the configuration"?

Thanks in advance,

Ivo Pereira
    IT Consultant
    Portugal

Re: Remove old Proxy settings from non-applying GPO

Nope. Proxy settings are an IE preference and as such the settings are created only once (and not enforced) and the user must manually change them.

Comment

Re: Remove old Proxy settings from non-applying GPO

What about setting up these 2 registry keys for the users who do not need to use the proxy server?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
      "ProxyEnable"=dword:00000000
      "ProxyServer"=""

Hope this helps.
      Cheers,

Comment

Working...
      X