Three Errors !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Errors !

Not able to access client system through terminal server , Trying to connect from the DC (server03) to the client (XP) the settings which i have made are as follows : -

Error 1:: -- THE LOCAL POLICY OF THIS SYSTEM DONOT PERMIT YOU TO LOGON INTERACTIVELY
    1 Domain user is member of remote desktop users group
    2 user is allowed to logon to the system through terminal server .(Adding Remote Dektop Users group )
    3 Allow log on locally is allowed for the user / Admin > User is added to the remote dektop users tab (Control Panel >System > Remote Tab >Select Remote USers )
    4 Settings applied to the domain controller policy .
    5 Remote Access Auto Connection Manager / Remote Desktop Help Session Manager/Remote Procedure Call (RPC)/Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator/Resultant Set of Policy Provider all the services are started and set to automatic .
    6 After applying all the above settings refreshed the policy using gpudate as well as gpupdate /force .
    7 Able to view the listed groups in the secpol.msc .
    8 Terminal server installed and running fine .
    9 User is not under any OU .
    Now with the above error to more arrors appeared on the DC

Error 2-- The Group Policy security settings that apply to this machine could not be determined. The error returned when trying to receive these settings from the local security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The parameter is incorrect.
    All local security settings will be displayed, but no indication will be given as to whether or not a give security setting is defined by Group Policy.
    Any local security settings modified through this user Interface may subsequently be overwritten by domain -level policies. [ when using gpedit.msc ]

Error 3-- The Client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator
    [ When trying to use Remote Desktop Connection Connecting from DC to the Client ]
    As well as not able to Browse Network Connections DC is not pinging the clients system as well but the client is not able to ping to the DC
    All these errors appeared on the DC except The first one which is there when domain user trying to connect to the clients system .
    Have checked Microsoft articles in errors regard nothing worked till now .
    Last edited by Ossian; 2nd March 2009, 13:36. Reason: Reformatted

Re: Three Errors !

Alper - your wall of text is unreadable and your title doesn't fit the forum rules, please adjust both straight away.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Andy - sorry - but users can't change their own thread titles... they have to be changed by a Mod or above.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I just copy pasted from the text editor ..and after pasting it edited also but still appears same . Advice me how to paste so that the text can be in readable format .. i am not allowed to change the title , if there is some way advice me that too

Comment

Originally posted by alper View Post
          I just copy pasted from the text editor ..and after pasting it edited also but still appears same . Advice me how to paste so that the text can be in readable format .. i am not allowed to change the title , if there is some way advice me that too
          There is the option to 'edit' your original post. You can then paragraph, add spaces and correct as appropriate within the post itself. Petri have their own form of text editor built-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            There is the option to 'edit' your original post. You can then paragraph, add spaces and correct as appropriate within the post itself. Petri have their own form of text editor built-in.
            Already mentioned that i am done with the editing part where tried to make the content proper (adding space / paragraphs ) still the same

Comment

Already mentioned that i am done with the editing part where tried to make the content proper (adding space / paragraphs ) still the same
              Can you summarise the below and type it straight in to the post rather than copying. Looking through, I see that the issue is with accessing an XP machine from a DC. We can then talk you through the steps to check or state how it needs to be set.

Also, can you mention whether the user account you are using on the DC is Domain admin or enterprise admin etc.
              Last edited by Virtual; 2nd March 2009, 13:42.

Comment

Content edited by Mod -- can someone suggest a better title?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The user is just a domain user , its not added in any of the groups except Remote DesKtop Users

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    Content edited by Mod -- can someone suggest a better title?
                    1 Errors when trying to connect through TS 2 User not able to access remote desktop using TS

Comment

possibly a corrupt local database %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb

Repaire the local Group Policy file:
                      You can fix the database with the tool esentutl /p
                      esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb
                      (first backup the "%SystemRoot%\Security" folder)

OR, re-create the local Group Policy file:
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278316

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Alper,

Correct meif I am wrong, but are saying that you are allowing a user with no administrative priveleges to use a DC or I take it you are using the account and carrying good practice with using 'run as' when you need elevated priveleges.

The issue is with logon at the actual XP workstation not being permitted when remoting in. 'Interactive logon' is a term used when actually logging on to the workstation itself, the console 0 session. As XP does not allow the additional RDP sessions, when you remote to an XP machine, the session will be as if you are logging on locally at the workstation. e.g. Should you already be logged on at the XP machine, you will then access that session, so will have the same open programs etc. and the computer will appear locked on the computer monitor of the physical machine.

I have had the same issue before but I remember I ended up allowing interactive logon and ensure there was no deny interactive logon. I will do some research in to the settings as it was a few years ago for another client.

It will be worth looking in to these setting in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
                          possibly a corrupt local database %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb

Repaire the local Group Policy file:
                          You can fix the database with the tool esentutl /p
                          esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb
                          (first backup the "%SystemRoot%\Security" folder)

OR, re-create the local Group Policy file:
                          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278316

\Rems
                          I was posting the same time as yourself.

Comment

Before i do more troubleshooting have to repair the security database ..

Comment

Before i do more troubleshooting have to repair the security database ..
                              Ok, Alper. Hope the repair goes well.

Comment

Working...
                              X