Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy

Hello,

Can anyone help me how does Group Policy link order applies to an object.

Re: Group Policy

It's the order in which the GPO is applied. The higher the order the higher precedence for a given site, domain, or organizational unit. Lower numbers are applied first with 1 being the lowest possible.
    If this isn't what you meant try restating your question because it wasn't 100% clear to me.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Andrew, but i didnt got you. My query is how does the policies flow to an object.. (for eg. Site, Domain, Organizational & Local OR Local, Organizational, Domain & Site.)

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
        It's the order in which the GPO is applied. The higher the order the higher precedence for a given site, domain, or organizational unit. Lower numbers are applied first with 1 being the lowest possible.
        If this isn't what you meant try restating your question because it wasn't 100% clear to me.
        GPOs are generally cumulative unless stated otherwise. Ahinson has touched on the order.

It goes Local Security Policy, Site, Domain, OU.

The lower policies take priority as they are prcoessed last. E.g. Say a policy set at the domain restricts access and the same settings are set to permitted on the OU, the settings will be permitted.

As Ahinson mentions, say there are more than 1 policy applied at one of the levels (with only 1 available locally anyway), the lowest GPOS numerically will be processed first, so higher numbered GPOs will be the higher priority.

There is of course a lot more to Group Policy not relevant to your answer.

Comment

A good way to remember how it is processed, is by remembering "LSDOU".
          LSDOU stands for Local, Site, Domain, OU.
          [Powershell]
          Start-DayDream
          Set-Location Malibu Beach
          Get-Drink
          Lay-Back
          Start-Sleep
          Wake-Up!
          Resume-Service
          Write-Warning
          [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment