Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove the Restart button

Hi All

I am facing a problem with GPO. I want to remove the restart option from the start menu. I have check GPO but not find any policy for this. I have tried to search in google but no luck.

Can anybody tell me how can i remove the restart option from the start menu through GPO or Regsitry.

Re: Remove the Restart button

Originally posted by Ajay.pant View Post
    Hi All

I am facing a problem with GPO. I want to remove the restart option from the start menu. I have check GPO but not find any policy for this. I have tried to search in google but no luck.

Can anybody tell me how can i remove the restart option from the start menu through GPO or Regsitry.
    check thsi thread : http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=11454
    Tarek Majdalani
    MS Forefront Edge Security MVP

Comment

Re: Remove the Restart button

There is no Restart option in the Start Menu. There is however a Restart option in the Shutdown dialog which you access from the Start menu. Is that what you are referring to?

As there is no real logic behind allowing users to shutdown a system but not allowing them to restart a system, I assume you want to prevent them from shutting down the system?

If that is the case, why didn't you Google? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gro...own+start+menu
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X