No announcement yet.

GPO - strange problem - reverting to old settings

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO - strange problem - reverting to old settings

I moved my WSUS server to a different server a while ago. For the past while, numerous machines on my network where not connecting to the new location any more. Yesterday, I finally had some time to delve into it. It seems that if I run gpupdate /force on each machine (which I did via a remote script), then it gets the correct server setting.

But....when the system is rebooted, and logged back into, it gets the old server setting for some reason. I have checked all my GPO's, and only my ONE default GPO contains the config for WSUS - none of the other GPOs (there are 3 other GPOs) contain any config for WSUS.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: GPO - strange problem - reverting to old settings

Use rsop to check the resultant set of group policies, just to make sure the settings being configured by GP are correct.

If you want to manually check the registry settings (granted, they should be being overwritten by GP, but still...)
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.