No announcement yet.

Registry setting need to push through Group policy with out user notification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry setting need to push through Group policy with out user notification

Hi ,
    I need to execute regedit command without user notification thru GP
    I know i can deployed through Reg ADD command anyhow i am not able to deployed reg file

below is the registry setting which need to deployed..

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Preferences]
    "ShowAutoSug"=dword:00000000

Re: Registry setting need to push through Group policy with out user notification

If you export the key from regedit and then run that file at computer startup in Group Policy.

Comment

Re: Registry setting need to push through Group policy with out user notification

I done the same but it require user intervention which i don't want...

Comment

It is only possible to edit the HKCU via a logonscript script, you cannot use a computer startup script for this.

(I'm not sure what the default permissions set on that key are, but I assume the user has Full Control)
        Run the Regedit.exe command line with the /s switch to merge the reg-file silently
        or,
        configure the following command and parameters as logonscript (or, create a batch file containing this line and run that as a logonscript):
        Code:
        Reg.exe ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v "ShowAutoSug" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X