Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename file using GPO

Hi ,
    I need to deploy one script it can be vbs or bat ,which rename the file as link given

Rename "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nk2" "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\%username%.bak"

when i am executing this command it display syntax error.

Can any one help me out how can i rename the file..

Re: Rename file using GPO

Why don't you post the error here so that we have a clue.

Comment

when i am running that script in single machine i am getting below error.....

C:\>Rename "C:\Documents and Settings\ithelp\Application Data\Microsoft
      \Outlook\outlook.nk2" "C:\Documents and Settings\ithelp\Application Dat
      a\Microsoft\Outlook\ithelp.bak"
      The syntax of the command is incorrect.

& batch file is syntax ....

Rename "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nk2" "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\%username%.bak"

Comment

I think the problem is that in the destination you should not be specifying the drive letter or the path. The command should be:

Rename "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nk2" %username%.bak

Comment

thanks its working

However i need to execute reg command without user notification thru GP
          I know i can deployed through Reg ADD command anyhow i am not able to deployed reg file

below is the registry setting which need to deployed..

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Preferences]
          "ShowAutoSug"=dword:00000000

Comment

Working...
          X