Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADM Tamplate problem

hi all

i have got some ADM Tamplates to use on my server2003 from petri.co.il , Hide driver ,restrict run usb driver , the problem after i add them to group policy , click on the new folders created under administrative tamplates blank no policy ????????? what is the problem

Re: ADM Tamplate problem

Please fully describe your problem, it is not clear from your post. Include relevant details such as links to the ADM templates you have downloaded and a screenshot of the GPMC window, if applicable.

Also please in future post to the correct forum - this should be in GPO. Post flagged.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

ADM tamplates problem

i have got ADM tamplates write protect removable device , i added to group policy , however when i click on the folder created under adminisrative tamplates is blank no policy , here is the ADM tamplate .

CLASS MACHINE
      CATEGORY !!category
      CATEGORY !!categoryname
      POLICY !!policynamewriteprotect
      KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePol icies"
      EXPLAIN !!explaintextwriteprotect
      PART !!labeltextwriteprotect DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED

VALUENAME "WriteProtect"
      ITEMLIST
      NAME !!Disabled VALUE NUMERIC 0 DEFAULT
      NAME !!Enabled VALUE NUMERIC 1
      END ITEMLIST
      END PART
      END POLICY
      END CATEGORY
      END CATEGORY

[strings]
      category="Custom Policy Settings"
      categoryname="Write Protection"
      policynamewriteprotect="Write Protect USB Removable Drives"
      explaintextwriteprotect="Enforces write protection on all USB Removable Drives. \n\nSelect the ENABLED radiobox, then select ON for the Write Protect USB Removable Drives status in the drop-down list. \n\nIn order to disable write protection on USB Removable Drives select OFF for the Write Protect USB Removable Drives status in the drop-down list."
      labeltextwriteprotect="Write Protect USB Removable Drives status"
      Enabled="On"
      Disabled="Off"

Comment

Re: ADM tamplates problem

Don't double post.

Originally posted by Forum Rule 2
        No double posting

Not here. Post once, wait for an answer. Do NOT post your "very important" question on more than one forum, and never post the same question again. If you have new issues regarding your "old" question - just follow your first thread and post to it. Members that cannot understand this simple rule will be banned.
        When you wrote this post, I had already pointed out that your previous post of the same question in Active Directory had been flagged to be moved to this forum.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

I think you are saying that after importing particular ADM template you unable to see the polocies. right

Do one thing open ADUC and open the GPO on which you are facing this
          just click on administrative template and then goto view tab and then goto filtring option ,after that uncheck both the boxes
          only show confgiured policy setting
          only show policy setting that can be fully managed

uncheck both the above now you can able to see the policy.

Thanx
          Vijay
          ________
          Herbalaire Vaporizer Review
          Last edited by vsharma; 10th April 2011, 06:32.

Comment

Merged to GPO forum
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

excatly )) thanks

Comment

Working...
              X