How to install programs with AD users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install programs with AD users

hi guys. i'm a network administrator somewhere.
    My users log on active directory, but i want some of them to put in OU and let them installing and have some administrative privileges.

what i've to change, in GPO or sth else.
    pls help

Re: How to install programs with AD users

Hi,

Do you want those users to have the rights in all the computers or in the ones residing in a specific OU?

For delegating admin authority, have a look in here:

http://windowsitpro.com/article/arti...within-ad.html

For details in how to give users Admin rights on computers have a look in here:

http://forums.petri.com/showpost.php...15&postcount=5

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: How to install programs with AD users

IF you decide to go down the route of making the users administrators, use GP Restricted Groups to make them local administrators of the computers in question. Don't make them domain admins unless their job function requires it. A local administrator can break a computer, a domain admin can break a network. And if they break the network, maybe the company goes bust.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X