Local policies taking precedence over Domain level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local policies taking precedence over Domain level

Hello everyone. First time on the forum. We are having a problem here in the company where several servers are not accepting our GPO for Windows Update server location. There is a local policy on each server pointing to a different incorrect path. We have enabled the GPO to point to the right path but the servers are not accepting this setting. They will accept other settings but not this one. We have done several times gpupdate /force with no success. What can be blocking this particular GPO at the local policy level? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Re: Local policies taking precedence over Domain level

In looking further into these policies, the server does have a local policy for windows updates path and the GPO is set to Not configured. this is the setting we need for SCCM to work correctly. Now when the GPO is set to not configured, the local policy takes effect, but when we set the GPO to disabled, the local policy is removed but errors appear on SCCM. Bottom line, how can we remove the local policy to be set to not configured without having to touch all servers? Thanks

Comment

Flagged for a mod to move to GPO forum.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

And moved...
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X