Help with ADM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ADM

I want to create an ADM that sets "Show icon in notification area when connected" to ON and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" to OFF.

I know where the reg keys are for this, the issue is, part of the key name changes per machine.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\<~VAR~>\Connection"

I think the <~VAR~> is the NIC hardware ID? mine is {E0450F6D-F78D-4970-942D-A82CF7FC16B7}. Is is possible to do this with the changing subkey name?

Re: Help with ADM

I don't think it will be possible to set this usng an ADM template.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      I don't think it will be possible to set this usng an ADM template.
      Can you use variables in ADM? Pull data from the reg and put it into a variable? I'll have to google that..

Comment

You may well be able to use variables, but then you have to hope that they're being enumerated at the right stage, on the right machine.

That is also assuming that you can obtain the required information from a system variable.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          You may well be able to use variables, but then you have to hope that they're being enumerated at the right stage, on the right machine.

That is also assuming that you can obtain the required information from a system variable.
          I can, I was looking in the reg and there are 2 keys that I can pull that have this EXACT number (I have checked multiple machine). I could pull that key into a VAR and use that then in the string path to the key I need.

Now I just have to figure out how to do that. If you know, your input would be nice, if not thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by esullivan View Post
            I want to create an ADM that sets "Show icon in notification area when connected" to ON and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" to OFF.

I know where the reg keys are for this, the issue is, part of the key name changes per machine.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\<~VAR~>\Connection"

I think the <~VAR~> is the NIC hardware ID? mine is {E0450F6D-F78D-4970-942D-A82CF7FC16B7}. Is is possible to do this with the changing subkey name?
            A startup script can do that, for 1) all NICs (the {NetCfgInstanceId} keys) or 2) just for the actual LAN NIC.
            Basically these two option, but probably with filtering on "Ip enabled", interfacetype, "manufacturer ID", connection given name, etc., you can edit some specific nics.

\Rems
            Last edited by Rems; 9th November 2008, 13:28.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
            X