Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group policy and Firefox

Hi,

I wan to manage firefox through Group Policy... i try to search alot on google... found one method but it is not working.... can anybody please help me

i want to configure it just like we configure IE in GP....

Thanks

Re: Group policy and Firefox

Hello. Have a read of this:

http://www.greghughes.net/rant/Firef...oupPolicy.aspx
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Thanks for this... but this about deploying firefox not to manage and control through GP as we can control and manage IE from GP

please tell me any way through which i can control firefox

Comment

Features

* Active Directory deployable and upgradeable.
        * Active Directory management through Administrative Templates (*.adm).
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

The website reads:

"FrontMotion has created a MSI installer for Firefox 1.0.4 that can be deployed via Active Directory - just like any MSI installer - and a set of accompanying ADM files that you can deploy as extensions to your group policy, in order to be able to exercise the level of control necessary in a corporate environment. You can download them here."
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

In the article provided by uk_network there is a link that takes you to: http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/fmfirefox.htm
            From where you can download the ADM files which you can import into the Administrative templates section of the GPO.

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Not to point out the obivios but check this link http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/fmfirefox.htm it part of the article.

I another project I found for managing Firefox is Wetbog. Let us know how it goes…..

http://wetdog.sourceforge.net/
              Last edited by ncruz1980; 23rd October 2008, 14:41.
              CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows XP

Pursuing: CompTIA Security+, Server 2003

Comment

I'm going to be setting this up for myself. seems quite cool.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Indeed. Would be even cooler if Firefox was group policy aware by default though.
                  Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I have check both wetdog and frontmotion but they didnt work for me i am using firefox 2.0.16... is any body able to control firefox.....

Uk_network..... is this work for u ???

Comment

You're using the standard release of Firefox that you downloaded from Mozilla?

If you read the article, you will see that you need to be using the version of Firefox that they have created which has been modified to be group policy aware. Firefox by default is not group policy aware.
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

I've actually had some disappointment with this. I wasn't able to deploy it through gpo, so i installed it manually.

http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/d...hp?fileid=1831

secondly the firefox.adm doesn't contain much settings.

http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/firefox.adm

You have to add the firefox adm template to the gpo
                        user configuration>administrative templates>right click choose add/remove templates, click add>copy firefox.adm to that inf directory.

Choose it and click open.

That's the only way i got it working.
                        Attached Files

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
                          You have to add the firefox adm template to the gpo
                          user configuration>administrative templates>right click choose add/remove templates, click add>copy firefox.adm to that inf directory.

Choose it and click open.

That's the only way i got it working.
                          Is that a problem? That is *the* way to add custom ADM templates to a GPO. I am not aware of any other way of doing it.
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

Well i was just explaining it a bit to save time later lol

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Uk_network

i tried it on frontmotion's firefox and do the same steps wht u mentioned but it is still not working for me....... did this work for u ???

Comment

Working...
                              X