gpo in denied, appears in numbers and inaccessible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo in denied, appears in numbers and inaccessible

I created OU, placed a server into it and linked GPO.
    Made some minor changes for test in editor.
    Results are bad. GPO(TS policy) itself under denied and is in numbers and inaccessible.
    The same for security group (TS_users)

Please see the pic of Results.
    How to tackle this problem?
    Attached Files
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: gpo in denied, appears in numbers and inaccessible

Does the policy work on the clients?
    You could try deleting the policy and recreating it.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

sure not.
      If it's not appear in applied...
      I recreated not just policy. I recreated and renamed securtity group.
      I have to find out why policy and security group appears in numbers. Something is corrupted.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Does the policy contain user or computer settings?
        Your OU that you have linked it to, what is in there? computer/user accounts?
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

see my initial post.
          New OU. One server in it .
          Linked GPO object.

In GPO:
          Computer: Loopback
          User: disable control panel.

Right after Linked GPO to OU and run Resoltant.
          GPO showed in desabled appearing in numbers (no policy name) and sure inaccessible.
          After I edited policy and added comp and user changes.
          It cannot work if GPO is denied.

I did it twice. Even renamed the server and removed added it to AD. Than recreated OU and added new group to filtering.
          As I told earlier group name not appear too in Resultant under sercurity group.

Comment

Ok. if the OU only has a computer in it then link a gpo with computer settings.

If you want to disable the control panel then do that under user settings and link it to a gpo with users in it.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

I explained twice my problem.
              You don't get it correctly.
              Anyway, thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by mla View Post
                Results are bad. GPO(TS policy) itself under denied and is in numbers and inaccessible.
                What does this mean?
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ok sorry if u didn't understand what i was trying to say. Or if i didn't understand what u was trying to say.
                  From what i've read it seems like your trying to security filter users on an ou that's with computer objects in or something.

You've created some policies, from what i can make out you just want to deny the control panel for your TS_Users.

If you want to deny control panel then use this (best u create a new policy please)
                  User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel>Prohibit access to the Control Panel <<set to enable.

Link this gpo to your TS_users You should add the security filtering in after you have verified that the policy works.

Also what are you trying to do here:
                  Computer: Loopback
                  Last edited by uk_network; 18th October 2008, 22:45.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

If you reread again what I wrote you will see that I did everything right way. And tried it twice...
                    There is a glitch. I need an expert advice...

Comment

The trouble is, we (or at least I) are not sure what you're trying to do, or what the problem is.
                      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry,
                        it's really become difficult for everyone because the problem was described in initial post. There is attached screen shot of Result.

I guess the problem should be clear from the pic. All other posts are just going back and force with suggestions that were made before I started the thread.

Sorry again.

Comment

Hi,
                          did you solved?

i run in to this today with a policy that have been working for month
                          more strange that all that policy is working on 2000 system

please let me know if you solved

thanx

Comment

I have the same problem.

Looks like this is the solution
                            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294257

Comment

Working...
                            X