Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check if GPO has been applied or not

Hello,

This question may sound a little stupid but it occured to me and I wanted to find out.
    I have created a GPO, on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 server, to deploy a msi package on to some systems at a branch office. Is it possible for me to find out if the package has been deployed on the systems by means of some logs etc. Can some kind of logging be enabled on the DC to confirm if the GPO has been successfully applied and onto which all systems? If yes then how?

Thanks in advance

Chandra
    Last edited by Chandra1412; 16th October 2008, 06:42.

Re: How to check if GPO has been applied or not

Event logs and gpresult on the workstation.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: How to check if GPO has been applied or not

You'd need GPMC installed. Then from there you can run the Group policy Results wizard against local or remote machine which is self explanatory.

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X