Group Policies Applying to Only Certain Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policies Applying to Only Certain Group

I have a 2003 domain functional level that I inherited. Now, within this the previous administrator made several changes to the Default Domain Policy and created 2 groups...PolicyUsers and NoPolicyUsers.

You guess it. Policy Users have the Default Domain Policy applied to them, while the NoPolicy Users do not have the Default Domain Policy applied to them.

I've searched high and low for the answer to why this happens. Both groups are Global Security and have all of the same attributes. They are in the same OU and everything. The only difference is the members of the group.

Does anyone know how he has setup these groups? One to have the domain policy and one not to have the domain policy?

Needless to say, I'm confused. If you have other questions, please let me know.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Re: Group Policies Applying to Only Certain Group

it's never a good idea to edit the default domain policy, u should just leave it and create seperate policies.

in GPMC if u click the policy, have u checked the scope tab and looked at security filtering, and also on the delegation tab to see whats there?
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

That was it! I installed GPMC and there she was.

Thanks for the pointer. Now, that I understand that I am going to create GPOs on a per department basis as their needs vary from dept to dept.

Thanks for your help.
      MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Glad you got things sorted.
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
        X