gpo confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo confusion

im trying to override a sitewide redirected startmenu setting with some altered settings to test in some computers. Im using security filters because the computers in question arent in the same OU, but are at the same level or underneath where the the test policy is, which is down a level from the site policy. using loopback processing as redirected folders is a user setting and i need it applied to computers. i have a security group of the computers i want the policy to apply to. using merge on the policy as the higher up policy contains other things. if i put just the security group in security filters, the policy is applied on the computer config and denied on the user config and then it fails to win over the user settings of the site policy if i put in the security group and domain users in the security filter, the policy gets applied to everything regardless of whether the computer config is applied or denied. i dunno if this makes sense....or whether im trying to make it do things that go against the way stuff works.

Re: gpo confusion

You would do well to re-format that question as it isn't easy to read.

Have you tried setting deny apply to the specific computers in the policy settings?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

since we've got a lot of OUs I've just stuck the policy on the odd ones to test. Back to the old ways lol

Comment

From what I can gather from your post it looks like you have a GPO linked to a site (or is that at the domain level?).
        IMHO I wouldn't link GPOs to sites, especially for policies such as folder redirections.

Have a look at this for more info on the GPO processing order:
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc785665.aspx

Cheers
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X