No announcement yet.

Having registry issue after using disable usb adm

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having registry issue after using disable usb adm

Hi there,

I have imported the adm file found here to disable usb drives (cdrom, floppy, L120 as well)

Everything works fine in the sense that the gpo is rolled out and it appears to make the changes to the registry as it should. In windows 2000 machines it works without an issue, however in XP pro SP2 machines it causes an issue with the registry. I noticed this when I found that other gpo's weren't being applied.

I have isolated it down to this gpo, if I turn the gpo off, run gpupdate, everything is ok, turn it on and I get this error

Has anybody experienced this issue before, either with this gpo or any other, and how did you fix it?
    Attached Files

Re: Having registry issue after using disable usb adm

It worked fine for me, but I'll have a play around and see if I can reproduce this.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.