Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Template to disable & stop IIS

Hi,

Need a Group Policy Template (.adm) file to disable & stop IIS service in the windows xp workstations.

i have found the registry settings for the same

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\IISADMIN

Goto "Start" and change the value to "4" this will disable and stop IIS
    value "2" for enable IIS

Can any one help me to create ADM file using the above values.
    Regards,
    Venkatesan S

Re: Group Policy Template to disable & stop IIS

You don't need to create an ADM template. Just go to the Services section of the Computer Configuration section of the GPO that's applied to your XP workstations and set the service to disabled.

Comment

In addition to joeqwerty's suggestion, there seem to be plenty of results on Google for help writing your own templates.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said we can disable the IIS service using the above mentioned steps but it doesn't stop the IIS service.

I Need to disable and stop the IIS service. we can do it via script but the script will increase the login time for the user.

can any one help me to create a adm template for that
        Regards,
        Venkatesan S

Comment

You don't need an ADM template. What has been suggested already is the correct way to do this. If the service is running at the time when the service is disabled, it will continue to run until someone stops it or until the machine reboots. After a reboot it will not start again.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

Solution which is given by you is working fine. After restart the system IIS disable next time when restart the pc service also stopped.

Thanks for the timely help.
            Regards,
            Venkatesan S

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
              X