Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User rights Issue

Hi Folks,

I did notice recently that the domain users (Members of the Local Built in Users group) are able to Install software.

Client machines are XP SP3, there are no GPO applied to imply that any changes have been made to the security templates.

Anyone has any idea what else could have possibly have caused this?

Thanks
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Re: User rights Issue

On your machine check your local administrators group, u might have added domain users to it.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
      On your machine check your local administrators group, u might have added domain users to it.
      Thanks for the observation, however I've already checked that before posting here, together with a gpresults. I also did a SC Analysis against the sp3 security database which didn't reveal anything out of ordinary.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have also applied a securews.inf security template, Disabled Windows installer but still users can install software by using other installers.
        Anyone has any idea about what specific User right or privilege to look for when installing software is concerned?

Thanks
        Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi

Is it any domain user logs into that system are able to install softwares ?

Is it only for one system or for all the systems in that domain ?

Comment

Working...
          X