Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screensaver *settings* through Group Policy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screensaver *settings* through Group Policy?

Hi all,

As we all know, you can set a GPO to choose which screensaver to run, how long to wait before running it and whether or not to ask for a password.

But, does anyone know how to centrally manage the Settings for that screensaver?

For example, if I set Marquee as the screensaver for the machines in our domain, how can I control what message is displayed etc?

No, going round every user and setting it for them is not an option.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Screensaver *settings* through Group Policy?

Have found the required registry tree, will experiment with a custom template and post my results.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
    X