No announcement yet.

Unistall of software over network

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unistall of software over network

I have created an msi of lightwave 3d 9.5 by using wininstall le. I need to unistall lightwave 3d 9 before I can run the 9.5 install. I tried using wininstall le (by installing lightwave 3d 9 tkaing a snapshot unistalling and taking a snapshot) but that didnt seem to work.

Any ideas. Can the unistaller be run in a startup script or shutdown task?

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Re: Unistall of software over network

Originally posted by jakelovatto View Post
      Why?? Did your thread get knocked off the bottom of the list by the multitude of other threads being replied to? I somehow doubt it.

IF someone knows the answer, and IF someone has time between working, feeding the baby, eating their tea, drinking beer, talking to friends and so on - then they'll answer.

If nobody knows the answer, noone WILL answer. I'm afraid that at this forum, you have to be patient... or risk alienating the very people who might be able to help.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Damn, QOS is slipping here
        No definitive response in as long as SEVEN HOURS!
        Why do we pay for such a lousy service?

Oh, wait a minute, we don't actually pay anything here, do we
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Is the installer scriptable, and can it be configured via a switch to uninstall the package? If so, then it can be run using a script. Otherwise, you're going to have to uninstall it manually.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Check out the registry for the uninstall string.
            You might try that running from a startup script.
            Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"