Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO not Applied

Hi all

Recently I joined new PCís to the domain but some of those new PCís are not getting the Domain policy I try gpupdate /force but it is not working I force the GP in the OU but nothing work.
    Domain: 2003 server SP1
    Client: Win XP SP2

Regards

Re: GPO not Applied

try typing "gpresult" from the cmd line. This will tell you what policies are applied. If there still not applying then check the eventviewer after you restart the pc to see if there are any GPO processing errors. then I would check:

1. Make a user or computer account (whatever your trying to apply the GP to) is in the OU that has the GP applied.
    2. try removing the computer from the domain, deleting the account and then re-adding it

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      try typing "gpresult" from the cmd line. This will tell you what policies are applied. If there still not applying then check the eventviewer after you restart the pc to see if there are any GPO processing errors. then I would check:

1. Make a user or computer account (whatever your trying to apply the GP to) is in the OU that has the GP applied.
      2. try removing the computer from the domain, deleting the account and then re-adding it

Michael
      thanks i will try

Comment

Unfortunately it Didnít work

Comment

Just a shot in the dark...

On the client windows XP computers do the following:

1. Log in as adminitrator on the XP pc.

2. Right-click My Computer and select MANAGE.

3. Double-click LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS.

4. Double-click GROUPS.

5. Double-click ADMINISTRATORS.

6. Now click ADD and add DOMAIN USERS to the group. Also add Domain Admins if it's not alread there. Click OK to everything and come out.

7. Restart the computer and try and log in with a user.

What you've just done is give the Domain Users group permission to make chaanges to the computer settings. Its a quirk of domain security.

Is your problem solved? Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by inandout View Post
            What you've just done is give the Domain Users group permission to make chaanges to the computer settings. Its a quirk of domain security.
            What you have just done is given everyone local administrator rights.
            I think it would be better to determine the cause rather than work around it.

What errors do you see in the event log.
            What DNS settings do the clients have.
            The "domain policy" I assume means the "Default Domain Policy"?
            Have you edited it for something specific, if so what isn't working?
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X