Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Drivers Restriction using Group Policy

HI ,

I am having about 250 Systems Network in my organization . We are using Windows 2000 , Domain implemented . All clients are running Windows 2000 Professional and Winxp - SP2. Now all the systems are of Dell PC all the drivers pre installed.

Now some of the users are playing a songs full days which effect their work performance . so can i restrict the groups of users to playing sounds on their systems using a GPO . Also i can not go on each system and make disable sounds from BIOS so is there a way from GPO .

Thanks ,

Kathy

Re: Sound Drivers Restriction using Group Policy

Has the management asked you to do this or is this your opinion as far as their productivity is concerned?

Comment

Hi ,

Yes as per the management opinion only i need to block , otherwise what it cost to me if their productivity loose....

Kathy

Comment

Well you could try to disable the Windows Audio service in group policy and see if that works.

Comment

Hi,

Have tried it to disable windows audio service , but its not successful . Still they are able to play songs .Is there any other way ..please let me know ...

Kathy

Comment

Can you be specific on how they are playing music? Streaming via internet, CDs, MP3s via portable drives, etc?

IMHO, management should add this to the HR rules, and lay down the law.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X