No announcement yet.

Internet site access control using gpo

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet site access control using gpo

I am member of your site. But i facing problem in accessing site & login. need help on , how to control internet site access using GPO.
    To understand our need , i brief you my domain.
    We having single W2K3-R2 domain with 200 users accessing domain.All users are located across branches using static ip.To access internet we implemented IWSS (Trend Micro 2.5 ).
    User Request---IWSS---FireWall--Internet.
    Default all users need to open selected financial site , which are white list for us.Otherthan this site normal user cannot open any site.But sametime few users ( Managers ) need to open additional sites.
    Normal User :- Default White List Only
    Managers :- Default White List Only + Additional few sites.
    But, in IWSS not work like default all sites are block, we can define user vise site open.
    I would like to know , is there any way we can control internet site using GPO.

Rahul Pawar

Re: Internet site access control using gpo

You could use a group policy to ban users from *all* websites, but not to control which sites they can view. To do this you will need to install a proxy server such as ISA Server.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.