Removing a domain policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a domain policy

Want i need to is to remain attached to a domain but remove the domain policy. I use ghost & connect to my laptop to rebuild pcs on my old laptop, the then system admin did something which allows me domain access but also allow me to access my ghost drive from a pc not on the domain.
    however my laptop died and i need this same function, i have the old hard disk and comparing setting from the two, i see the one that work has no domain policy but the new one does i need to remove it some how?

Any ideas ......

Re: Removing a domain policy

You need to talk to your current system admin. Domain policies cannot be removed without action by the admin.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

this is the problem i have i have gained the network admin role but have no idea what he changed from what i can see on the SBS allow this computer to be accesses has domain users and also everyone but its not working. He did something on the workstation / laptop which allowed it to be on the domain but with out the domain policys

Comment

Originally posted by daveuk3 View Post
        this is the problem i have i have gained the network admin role but have no idea what he changed from what i can see on the SBS allow this computer to be accesses has domain users and also everyone but its not working. He did something on the workstation / laptop which allowed it to be on the domain but with out the domain policys
        He will have created an AD Group which he put machines into; and used that group to deny the "Apply Policy" permission for the relevant policy objects.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
        X