Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Configuration settings are not applying at the client end

Hello All

I am using win server 2000 as a Domain Controller. I have applied some policies on an OU in the domain. The user configuretion settings are applying at client end but the computer configuration settings are not .........

The basic need is to set the password complexity at the client end.......

The another problem is I cannot edit the default domain policies... It shows the error... " You may not have appropriate rights" and in details it shows "The system does not find the specified path"

This is driving me crazy.....

Please help me

Thanks in advance....

Re: Computer Configuration settings are not applying at the client end

Password complexity policies are domain wide and cannot be applied to an OU - those settings in a linked GPO will simply be ignored.

So - your problem is finding out why you do not have access to the Default Domain Policy. What groups is the user account you're using a member of? Is it in Domain Admins and/or Group Policy Creator Owners?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I didnt get what you are trying to ask..

but yes i have already login as an administrator on the server who is the member of domain admin as well as group policy creator owner...
      And the users I have made in that OU are the members of domain users and domain computer.....

Comment

As stonelaughter pointed out, is that you cannot set password complexity passwords at OU level. These are domain wide and can therefore only be set in a policy applied to the domain.
        Last edited by Killerbe; 9th July 2008, 08:39.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Fine!!!!!!!!!

Then What should I do to resolve this problem?????

any remedy???????? Please.........

Comment

Watch the attitude. You're asking for help from volunteers who have a life and work outside the internet. I am for one am retiring from this thread.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

OK, this thread is being watched.
              Please think before posting

Shital, please remember we are trying to help you here. We can't change the way Windows works if it doesnt suit you

Have you tried running the Group Policy Results Wizard (in GPMC) to see what settings are coming from where?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Google is your friend:
                http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p/strngpw.mspx

Perhaps you should try to catch some lessons on the technology you are trying to support. Than you should know that policies can be applied on Local, Sites, Domains and OU's. As password policies can only be applied domain wide, you would know that you should eather adjust the default domain policy, or create a new one (on the domain level), and set it in a higher priority.

For your information, we where not born with this knowledge, we had to learn it ourselfs. And most of us grabbed a book, invested time and money to grasp the technology we where trying to support. We are always eager to help, but demand a litle respect in return.
                [Powershell]
                Start-DayDream
                Set-Location Malibu Beach
                Get-Drink
                Lay-Back
                Start-Sleep
                Wake-Up!
                Resume-Service
                Write-Warning
                [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment