Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Software Install

Hi all,

I have a quick question that i think i know the answer for but need to clarify.

I've created a software install GPO for installing Office 2003. The install works fine but i need to tweak the MST file for an option in Outlook. If i create a new MST and place it in the shared location to replace the old MST, will it force a reinstall of office? I know that if you change the location point after pushing out software, the GPO will run again and install the software again.

I don't think changing the MST will cause an install but i wanted to check.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Active Directory Software Install

You can add a new software package with updated MST and configure the package to upgrade the previous Office 2003 package.

P.S.: This topic is about GPO and I am moving it to the relevant forum.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Hi.

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks for your reply. I don't need to upgrade the install for all users. If i update the MST, will it affect all users the next time they log on? I don't want it to, i just want it so that when a user moves desks, it automatically configures their Outlook profile.

Matt

Comment

If you do not want the change to influence the existing installations, just replace the MST. New installations will use the new MST.
        As far as i remember the Software Installation extension will try to reinstall the package only if it's configuration has been altered in GPO or the installation becomes corrupted and requires reinstall.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanks for you help and advice!
          Last edited by Stingray_Matt; 2nd July 2008, 11:31.

Comment

Working...
          X