Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run single program with elevated permissions (Was: privilege)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run single program with elevated permissions (Was: privilege)

Hi youth
    Isn't there any option in Group policy to open one program like PRIMAVERA needs the administrator privilege ?

Re: privilege

Something like this maybe?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323525
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

first thank you
      but this link describe restriction of some programs
      I need some thing to enable programs to work with the administrator permissions

Comment

Sorry yes, I think I misunderstood. Apologies.

At a basic level you could just remove user rights from the file itself but that is easily worked around. Maybe change the permissions on the directory it is installed into?
        Will have a think of a better way though.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

already did that but I think that.
          this program need some privilege to work with registry keys

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
          Sorry yes, I think I misunderstood. Apologies.

At a basic level you could just remove user rights from the file itself but that is easily worked around. Maybe change the permissions on the directory it is installed into?
          Will have a think of a better way though.

Comment

You could try something like this - http://www.steelsonic.com/steelrunas.htm.
            I haven't tried this one myself but the other product from Steelsonic is quite good.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I've done this a couple times to get a program that normally requires admin privleges to run under a normal user account:

- Run a Process Monitor capture (you can download it here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx)
              - Attempt to run the program with a normal user account
              - Stop the Process Monitor capture and search for the ACCESS DENIED messages
              - Change permissions on that directory or registry key
              - Repeat until program functions properly

Not a guarantee but it has worked for me a few times.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

To add a teensy bit to what JeremyW said, I've also heard of auditing registry and file system access via local or domain group policy, launching the program in question, and then noting which registry keys and file system folders the account was denied access to. From there it's just a simple (in theory) matter of editing permissions.

You could then create a GPO that grants permissions to the registry and folders in question based on group membership (only allow a certain group the permission to apply the GPO). Rather an involved process. Be sure you really need to do this before you start this project. =D
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                -------------------------------
                Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Ahmed, with 80+ posts you should know to use a more meaningful title for your thread -- you will get much more of a response that way.

Title edited
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Run single program with elevated permissions (Was: privilege)

SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY to all
                    I'm so sorry

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                      I haven't tried this one myself but the other product from Steelsonic is quite good.
                      Thanks my friend
                      But I do not know how to use this program ?
                      and there is no any explanation of how to use this program ?

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                        Thanks my friend
                        It's working now

Comment

I am glad it did.

Cheers
                          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by AHMED KHALAF View Post
                            Hi youth
                            Isn't there any option in Group policy to open one program like PRIMAVERA needs the administrator privilege ?
                            Isn't it some kind of project management software that uses Oracle client?
                            I am 99% sure that it can be run using regular non-administrative account after some registry/filesystem permission changes.
                            Guy Teverovsky
                            "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
                            X