Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pushing out license key with Office installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pushing out license key with Office installation

    I can push the PRO11.MSI to all the PCs in the domain, but when user run office application it is asking license key. How can incorporate the license key into my GPO push? Please help. Thanks in advance

  • #2
    Re: Pushing a .exe out from GPO

    kprasanan, why didn't you start a new thread???

    please read posting rules 13 and 4
    http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=11

    \Rems

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    __________________

    ** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pushing a Office 2003 with license key

      Originally posted by kprasanan View Post
      I can push the PRO11.MSI to all the PCs in the domain, but when user run office application it is asking license key. How can incorporate the license key into my GPO push? Please help. Thanks in advance
      What you need is to create a transforms file (.MST) with the required customisations.

      First you need to download the appropriate Office resource tool kit (orktools). Then create a mst file by using the wizard.

      Add the mst file to the customisations on your software deployment GPO.

      Hope this helps

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pushing a Office 2003 with license key

        Originally posted by pardal51 View Post
        What you need is to create a transforms file (.MST) with the required customisations.

        First you need to download the appropriate Office resource tool kit (orktools). Then create a mst file by using the wizard.

        Add the mst file to the customisations on your software deployment GPO.

        Hope this helps
        Thanks for your Help on creating .MST file. I was able to create the file but still unable to push it through GPO. I follow instruction from Microsoft below. I can't add any in the Modification tab.. Please help. Thanks

        To add modification to application packages
        Open Group Policy Software Installation.

        In the console tree, right-click Software installation, point to New, and then click Package.

        In the Open dialog box, click the Windows Installer package, and then click Open.

        In the Deploy Software dialog box, click Advanced, and then click OK.

        In the properties dialog box for the package, click the Modifications tab.

        To add modifications, click Add. In the Open dialog box, browse to the transform file (.mst), and then click Open.

        Click OK.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pushing a Office 2003 with license key

          Originally posted by kprasanan View Post
          Thanks for your Help on creating .MST file. I was able to create the file but still unable to push it through GPO. I follow instruction from Microsoft below. I can't add any in the Modification tab.. Please help. Thanks

          To add modification to application packages
          Open Group Policy Software Installation.

          In the console tree, right-click Software installation, point to New, and then click Package.

          In the Open dialog box, click the Windows Installer package, and then click Open.

          In the Deploy Software dialog box, click Advanced, and then click OK.

          In the properties dialog box for the package, click the Modifications tab.

          To add modifications, click Add. In the Open dialog box, browse to the transform file (.mst), and then click Open.

          Click OK.
          You need to re-deploy the package, then the Modifications tab will get active again.

          Tip1: Create a new [Test] GPO and deploy office using the mst. link the GPO to a test OU, and then you can see the results.

          Tip2: don't foget to point the msi and mst to the UNC rather than local path

          hope this helps

          Comment

          Working...
          X