Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is possible to merge GPOs

Hi,

I have way too many GPOs applied to the same OU.
    I want to collect their settings in a single GPO.
    I have created the GPO, and started importing the settings from the other GPO's backups.
    Once I have done the first, I started the second. At the end though I discovered that the second GPO overwrote the first, even if there was no conflict between settings.
    I have searched the Microsoft Technet (maybe not hard enough) to find a solution, but without luck.
    Has anybody an idea on how to merge settings of different GPOs without deleting them?

Thanks.
    There is just one thing bigger than the Universe: - guess???-

Re: Is possible to merge GPOs

sorry but I do not believe there is a way to do this automatically.

You would be best served to do it manually. This will also allow you to remove any unneeded policies as well in the process.
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Is possible to merge GPOs

You may be able to kludge by with the GPMC. Take a look at this article: http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...sing-GPMC.html

Search for the word "merge" to get to the interesting part. Of course, reading the whole thing wouldn't hurt either.

Let us know how it goes.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X