No announcement yet.

installing/creating group policies in a windows server 2003 standard network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing/creating group policies in a windows server 2003 standard network

Hello Everyone,

I am seeking some direction on implementing group policy in a server 2003 standard environment. I have really only implemented an SBS 2003 environment and have managed a server 2003 standard environment and am now wanting to build my first 2003 standard network. I noticed though that all the different group policy objects/templates that come installed with SBS are totally missing in server 2003 standard. I can't even find the Group Policy Management snap in under Admin Tools. Is there a way of installing/finding these objects/templates? I would like to set up a network with a terminal server and a file/mail server and it would seem that group policy is going to be my stumbling block, but you have to start somewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

James

Re: installing/creating group policies in a windows server 2003 standard network

Group Policy Management Console is available as a separate download from the Microsoft site.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...c/default.mspx

Not used SBS for ages but things like Office (outlook etc) are availabel as ADM files from Microsoft as well.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/he...513711033.aspx
    Above for 2003 for example.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: installing/creating group policies in a windows server 2003 standard network

Thank you Andy! I think that will be a big help. I didn't realise that group policy templates were available to download. Sorry, with SBS they all come installed, and even though I called them templates in my original post I didn't realise that MS called them that as well.

Thank you once again.

Cheers,

James

Comment

Not a problem.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X