redirecting users IE History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirecting users IE History

Not to sure this is even possible but is a request from my upline manager.

Would like to redirect the users browsing history so that managers can keep tabs on their employees browsing history. (I am well aware of third party applications but the upline people are not willing to do this.)

I am working on some more research but if someone has done this feel free to post your solution.

thank you.
    Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog - wiredtek.wordpress.com

Re: redirecting users IE History

There are ways of preventing people from deleting it.
    However, controlling this at the user level is definitely not something recommended. A proxy should be gathering the logs.

If you start trying to lock people into not deleting their IE history, they will try to install firefox or safari, and then you will have to lock them from installing anything...then they will find something else.

Tell your boss you need a decent proxy, or that he needs to trust the people he hires.
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

this is more of a request from other departments, mostly looking for something immediate until the next budget cycle (EOY) something that will be across the board for everyone. I realize a proxy is the solution but this is something they're looking to do now as opposed to end of year budgeting.

Comment

Get a low end server and install a linux OS with Squid. Very good proxy (not very good authentication). Then set squid up to do reverse DNS in the logs, and configure IE to point to that proxy.

At least you will have a history per machine, which works OK if your users work in the same place.
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

unfortunately, we are a hospital and people go machine to machine in any given day there are 10-15 on a single machine.

Comment

i am going to look at some open source proxies as well but that is out of the scope of this section so i will continue my research. in the meantime if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X