Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Macro Security for MS outlook via Group Policy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Macro Security for MS outlook via Group Policy.

how can I change Macro Security for MS outlook via Group Policy. I want it to set it to Medium for all domain users.

Re: Change Macro Security for MS outlook via Group Policy.

First of all, you must import Office administrative templates to GPO. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Then look for corresponding setting in new policy setting. I haven't do this, so you must find it yourself, or wait for more precise answer.
    Cheers,
    ponton

Comment

Originally posted by ponton View Post
      First of all, you must import Office administrative templates to GPO. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Then look for corresponding setting in new policy setting. I haven't do this, so you must find it yourself, or wait for more precise answer.
      Cheers,
      ponton
      Thanks for you help.
      I will try that.

Comment

Hi Ponton,
        That worked fine for outlook 2003, but did not work for outlook 2000. I did not try for outlook 97 and xp.

what do I have to do to make Macro security settings work on different version of outlook?

do I have to download Administrative template for each version of outlook and create individual Group Policy?

Comment

Hi Ponton,
          Need your help to figure out on how to prevent prompt for "allowing Macro"? It prompts users to allow Macro, I want to get rid of that promt.

Is this possible without changing security level to low?

what about administrative templates, do I need template for each version of outlook?

Comment

Hello.. but what is the exact option to allowed macros to run

Comment

Please do not double post (you have a thread about this separately) or hijack other posts.

You are a new user so this is a friendly warning!
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X