Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update GP on machines that no Longer connect to the DC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update GP on machines that no Longer connect to the DC?

Heres the issue, someone created a GPO that disabled the windows firewall on bunch of Project laptops that have been sent to project directors stationed all over the world. These machines do no connect to our network anymore and also do not have VPN connection. How any can I update the GP and or force the firewall to become active maybe using a script of some sort?

Re: update GP on machines that no Longer connect to the DC?

Is the GPO OU specific, Domain specific, or Site specific? In either case you could create a separate OU for the machines that you don't want to have the GPO applied, move the machines to that OU and then from the OU block inheritance. On the machines you can either reboot them or run "gpudate" from the command line on the boxes that you have moved to the new OU.

Comment

Re: update GP on machines that no Longer connect to the DC?

Originally posted by benblank04 View Post
      Heres the issue, someone created a GPO that disabled the windows firewall on bunch of Project laptops that have been sent to project directors stationed all over the world. These machines do no connect to our network anymore and also do not have VPN connection. How any can I update the GP and or force the firewall to become active maybe using a script of some sort?
      Short answer is NO.

The clients don't connect to your network so can't pull the policies from your servers.

Write up a document outlining how to turn the service back on and send it out via email.

You could also script it very easily using the netsh command.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947709

***EDIT***

I should add that you will be using the old commands not the new ones.

netsh firewall set opmode ENABLE
      Last edited by wullieb1; 5th March 2008, 07:37.

Comment

Working...
      X