Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script not applied through GPO

Hi there

I've got a User logon script that I am trying to apply through a GPO.
    Basically all the script does looks at the group membership (Using Ifmember) and calls an EXE file on a remote server which creates a shortcut of the program in the client's Taskbar.
    It appears that the script is not working through the GPO, but when I run it manually on the machine under a normal users account it works fine.
    When I do a GPResult query on the client PC about the client user account it tells me that the GPO and the script has been applied.
    Any Idea what may cause the script not to run through the GPO?

Thanks in advance
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Re: Script not applied through GPO

Do you have ifmember.exe in the Netlogon share of your DC(s)? I'm pretty sure it needs to be there as it is not a "built in" command.

Comment

Yes, ifmember.exe is on the Netlogon share. As I said the script executes fine when I run it manually but not through GPO.

Thanks
      Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Are you using any kind of Software Restriction, blocking 16 bit applications, disable command prompt script processing, etc.?

Comment

No, no software restriction whatsoever. Command prompt is enabled as well.

Thanks
          Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X