Folder Redir for wifi laptops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redir for wifi laptops?

Ive just started implementing desktop redirection for our student laptops thru gp w/out drive mappings, if that matters. Also this is a 2003 and xp environment. Anyway, when the computer first boots, the desktop redir errors bc the wireless signal and ip hasnt been established prior to the desktop loading. Just curious, but is there anyway around this? Or should I do away with desktop redir for wireless clients? How would login scripts/drive mappings occur for wireless clients? Thanks for any comments. And let me know if anymore info is needed.

Re: Folder Redir for wifi laptops?

Well right after posting I saw this thread at the bottom:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=17069

So I guess its a hardware setting I need to do. Im not sure if I posted in the right forum or not. While Im researching, if it matters, these are dell latitudes 120L with the dell 1370 card BCM4318 chipset accessing aironet 1200's. Im using wpa2 psk and I think aes for encryption. Thanks again.
    Last edited by hops33n; 26th February 2008, 19:37.

Comment

Re: Folder Redir for wifi laptops?

After reading the thread and looking for myself I figured it out. One question though, I see where to allow authen prior to windows login from the mgmt software of the card but can this be done if windows is managing the wireless? I was hoping to push this setting out through a gpo. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X