No announcement yet.

Group Policy for Machine

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy for Machine

Hello Friends

I want to ask a question.I create a OU and give a group policy.and make gpupdate .And I put a computer in this OU..Then I logon that computer but I dont see that policy configuration.Policy run for users dont run machine.What is problem..

Re: Group Policy for Machine

Please run gpresult on the target computer and let us know of the results.

There is a field called "Security Filter" in Group Policy Editor, it reads "The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following Groups, Users and Computers:". Make sure that the computer is included in that filter, or that it is a member of a group in that is included.
      A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

What OS is on the client computer?

Note there is a "Group Policy" forum which is a more appropriate place for questions of this nature. Thread reported for movement
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Just check from which DC the machine is authenticating........

You can use "c:\>set l" command for the same.

Make sure that GPO has been replicated to this DC......

Kapil Sharma
          Life is too short, Enjoy It.

In the event viewer if you go to the Application log, do you see any error messages?

In the command prompt can you type in gpupdate /force. Then go to the event viewer and if the Group Policy did apply successfully then you should see event id 1704 Source: SceCli.

Also try running gpresult /v >gpresult.txt and then go through the gpresult.txt file to see if there are any policies filtered out or any error messages.